There are some things in life that you have no control over. The weather, the stock market, traffic, etc. So complaining about those things are completely pointless. But if it’s something you have some control over, like your relationship, or finding a job, how can you complain about it while sitting back and doing nothing to change it?
One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone calls me to complain about the same thing over and over again. It’s like a revolving wheel of negativity and while some situations may take a while to detach from, stop complaining if you don’t actually want to fix it.
If you have tried:
- to cheer them up and it doesn’t work
- to suggest solutions and it doesn’t work
- to tell them to get their shit together and it doesn’t work
More than likely they don’t actually want a solution. They just want to be negative and want empathy. Which okay sure, the first one or two times. But after the third time, I’m going to need you to get your shit together.
If you know someone like this…..
CUT THESE PEOPLE OFF ASAP!
Because no matter how good things get for them they will ALWAYS find something to complain or be unhappy about.
You need to create space for positive change to happen. Being in toxic relationships with people and allowing their negative energy into your life will hold you back from manifesting opportunities for success. Source
If you’re reading this thinking I am the toxic person there’s hope for you yet!
Ways to complain less:
- Start a gratitude and affirmation journal. Which you can read about here: Gratitude & Affirmation Challenge
- Accept responsibility for your actions or lack thereof. Either fix the problem or accept nothing can be done about it. There is no in between.
- Change the way you think. Maybe your mind needs to detox all of the negative thoughts, and feelings of the past and present.
- Practice self-care. Life is stressful as hell sometimes! Don’t forget to take the time to relax and deep breath those negative thoughts and feelings away on a consistent basis, otherwise, you let it build and you become a negative Nancy, and nobody likes a Negative Nancy.
- Keep it pushing. Just absolutely refuse to allow anything negative to phase you. Something bad happened? Oh well, that’s life.
- Own up to your mistakes. Okay, so you made a mistake…. Soooooooo? So has everybody else, no need to dwell on it. This ties in with accepting responsibility and being accountable for your own actions.
The fact of the matter is bad shit in going to happen. It’s unavoidable like death, what you can control however is how you choose to approach each day, and how you react to the negative things that arise. The only difference between a positive and a negative person is the choices they make…..
Because that’s all life is………… choices.
You can say I am going to have a good day and set yourself up for a good day. Or you can say Im going to have a bad day and set yourself up for your day to be bad. Because thoughts become things!
If you are surrounded by toxic people let today be the day you choose to walk away completely (or just love them from a distance). If you are a toxic person let today be the day you choose to stop focusing on the negative and just eliminate the negative thing, the person, feeling, etc that’s causing you grief out of your life.
Id love to hear from you!
Like, comment, subscribe, and follow me on social media!
Facebook: Cherise Floyd
Thanks for stopping by!