Top 10 Long Haul Flight Travel Essentials
Being on a flight for 8 to 12 hours or longer can be a pain. If you’re wondering what to take on a long haul flight to stay fresh and comfy, here are my top ten long haul flight travel essentials:
1. Compression socks! I can’t express this enough. As someone who suffers from swelling, compression socks have been a Godsend. I would definitely recommend them for any flights that are long haul or overnight. They’ll help with the circulation in your legs.
2: Portable Charger! You can’t always assume that the airline will have power or USB connections. We had a 9-hour flight to Brazil with no electrical outlets! Our portable, which holds up to 80 hours of charge came in the clutch.
3. Blanket/Airport Pillow: If you’re anaemic like me, bringing a blanket that will keep you warm is an absolute must.
4. In-flight entertainment: Books, iPad, etc. pretty much anything to keep yourself busy.
5. Earplugs/Face Mask: Block out crying babies, and annoying people who keep their windows open with earplugs and a face mask.
6. Disinfectant Wipes/Hand Sanitizer: Planes carry thousands of people to different places a day. Protect yourself from germs by wiping down your seating area.
7. In-Flight Toiletries: Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, wipes to fresh up. Some airliners provide these items but just in case they don’t, make sure you’re prepared. Unless of course, you like having morning breath and crust on your face.
8. Chewing Gum: To help with equalizing the pressure and avoiding that annoying pain that comes from your ears popping.
10. Noise-cancelling earphones: If you’re a light sleeper like myself, these headphones are another godsend. Never worry about crying babies or aircraft noise again!
Do you travel frequently? What are some of your flight travel essentials?
Connect with me on Social Media!