Black Blogger Resources
Blogging can be overwhelming when you first start off. Its one thing to write engaging posts, pick the right pictures, and hit publish. Its a totally different ball game once you start trying to increase traffic and monetize your site. One of the best ways to promote your blog is to find, join, and participate in your blogging niche communities.
The engagement on my posts has increased tenfold since joining and participating in Facebook blogging groups as well as Twitter blogging tribes/threads. Before joining these groups my blog was limited to the number of followers I had. Now I have a wide array of blogging communities that I can not only share my work through, but I can collaborate, ask questions, get feedback, etc. I owe a lot of what I now know about blogging to joining and participating in these groups. Each member has a wealth of information to give and Its nice being able to share my concerns, frustrations, wins, losses, etc with people in the same boat as I am. I am a part of a lot of blogging groups (lifestyle, travel, etc) but I write a lot of material specifically for POC. So It was important to me to join blogging communities that would not just read my content but actually be able to relate.
If you’re new to blogging or have been blogging for a while but are looking to bring more traffic to your site, or engage with other bloggers check out some of the content below. You will find some of the most helpful Facebook groups to join, twitter accounts to follow, hashtags to up your blog engagement, and general blogging tips for black bloggers. (A lot of these are female specific but most of them are not)
Facebook Blogging Groups to Join:
Twitter Accounts to Follow
Following, tagging, and hashtagging some of the top blogging Twitter accounts are a great way to get retweets from people with 1000’s of followers just waiting to read new blog content! Some of the top blogging twitter accounts to follow are:
11. Bloggers Tribe
12. Newbies Who Blog
Twitter Hashtags for Retweets:
General Blogging Tips for Traffic
- Engage with other bloggers.– Most bloggers will reciprocate comments, likes, and subs on their blogs. Lots of big-time bloggers actually state that to increase engagement on your blog you should utilize the 80/20 rule, spending 80% of your time engaging with other bloggers and 20% of the time focusing on your own blog.
- Participate in communities where your audience already gathers
- SEO-Friendly content- This maximizes your blog popping up on search engines.
- Utilize every social media platform to promote. Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Google +, etc.
- Use eye-popping graphics. -ALWAYS give credit when you use others images.
- Guest Blog– and vice versa. This is a GREAT way to bring another bloggers viewers to your site and to send some of yours to theirs.
- Enable Subscriptions-Keep the people that have stopped by your site coming back.
- Catchy Titles– This along with eye-catching pictures alone can drive traffic to your site.
- Keep Old Content Fresh– So what if that blog post is a year old, if the content is still relevant make sure that you share it every now and again.
- Join Tailwind Tribes– Tailwind Tribes are a great way to get others to share your blog posts on Pinterest, they even have a cool scheduling feature! Join mines here
I still have a ways to go with growing my blog but these are some of the things Ive learned so far that have helped with traffic tremendously. I am preparing to self-host my blog and wish that I self-hosted from the beginning but you live and you learn! I hope these tips help, happy blogging!
Post updated as needed*
Discussion: What are some Facebook groups and or Twitter accounts that you follow to help grow/promote your blog?
What other advice or tips do you have to help grow blog traffic/engagement?
Id love to hear from you!
Like, comment, subscribe, and follow me on social media!
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!