This past Wednesday, some of Detroit’s brightest upcoming bloggers met up at Our/Detroit Micro Vodka Distillery to network and exchange ideas. Our/Detroit is located Downtown Detroit and offers up an eclectic drink menu served with Our/Detroit Vodka made right on site!
The organizers of the event (including myself) set the event up speed dating style with a series of questions to discuss for 5 minutes each. We really wanted to create a laid back environment for everyone. Questions asked were:
It felt amazing to be in a room full of individuals supporting and uplifting each others writing.
Some of the best tips I received were:
- Post at peak times. For ex, it probably wouldnt make sense to post something at 8pm on a Friday night. More than likely people are out and wont see the post at all. You should do some research and find out the peak times to post your blogs to bring lots oftraffic to your site.
- Be active on your blog/social media. – No use in telling people to follow you if you never post anything.
- & the best tip was: Write for yourself and the people will come.
Because sometimes you write your heart out only to get 10 + views and thats okay. Keep writing until they notice.
Only one blogger was actively making money from her blog and she suggested the following as ways to make money blogging:
- Sponsored posts
- Affiliate Links
- Talk to local businesses about Ads
- Create and sell your own ebooks
We had an AMAZING time and will be planning another one soon for those of you who couldn’t make it.
Special thanks to everyone who made this possible
If you’re looking for some new bloggers to follow:
To get your travel fix follow The Nomadic Blogger
For all of your motivational and life coaching need.
For the foodies.. Uniquely Tailored Creations
Check out Everyday Rae’ a lifestyle blog and she also sells these cool mugs:
Swing over to What Tay Said and check out her blog.
If fashion is your subject of interest check out Lil Miss Jb Style ‘s blog.
Tell your story with #AmITheOnlyOne?
Get your music fix with AOMarkerLove
Check out Candidly Chanel
Be on the lookout for The Wombmanun Spoken blog
If you are a Detroit blogger looking to connect with other bloggers in the area be sure to add us on Facebook at DetroitBloggersVsEverybody. Another event like this will be scheduled soon!
What are some tips you’ve learned during your journey blogging?
Id love to hear from you!
Like, comment, subscribe, and follow me on social media!